Welcome

Welcome
John William Tuohy lives in Washington DC

It’s never too late to be what you might have been because what or who you are now or what you were in the past doesn’t have a damn thing to do with who can become later on.

It’s never too late to be what you might have been because what or who you are now or what you were in the past doesn’t have a damn thing to do with who can become later on.   
When I was young I wanted to be a writer and a college graduate. But I was a poor and a high school dropout and for me, back then, becoming those two things was a larger than life dream. Grand things.
You have to aim high and when you are as broke and busted as I was when I was young, there’s no difference between dreaming about having a decent place to live and being a nuclear scientist. They both see impossible. But I held on to my dreams and my plans.
 I gave up hope more than once, especially as I neared my 30s. But I kept dreaming and tried every possible angle to put those dream to work but most of those schemes failed.  I kept trying. I was aiming high but I figured that if I failed, I failed greatly. As my idol Robert F. Kennedy said   “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”
Keep trying because the greatest failure is not to try.
One day, I realize that the special things that we want to achieve in our lives, no matter what they are, are going to take time. I think that’s because as we get older we develop a better grasp on time, of understanding what it is. I published my first book at 43 and I graduated from college at 57.
I write full time and I love what I do. I absolutely love what I do. I’m a lucky man. However I will never be a successful writer and I can live with that. I’d rather be a failure in something that I love than a success in something that I hate.  I am a lucky man.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been. How long it takes you to get there doesn’t matter.