Welcome

Welcome
John William Tuohy lives in Washington DC

Garden loot





I should have been born Italian. I love the culture, the food...and I can grow things (I know, its a terrible generalization to some people, but me and them obviously know different Italians) I didn't grow the pink pig in the back of the picture or the watermelon, although, to my amazement, I do have two watermelons growing in the garden. That stuff to the left is "Pineapple Basil" it aroma is WONDERFUL. But I have no idea what to do with it. The beans we cook with soy sauce and warmed slightly in a stir fry. I also grew a jalapeno pepper, I think Mary grew that since one pepper would kill me. We have more squash and cucumber than we know what to do with.However, I did find out that the dogs can eat it and it has no ill effects on them and acts as a sort of coolant for them. I use the cucumber for my skin. I pulled some of those small tomatoes because they huge ones aren't ripe yet.