Welcome

Welcome
John William Tuohy lives in Washington DC

I was drawn to all the wrong things


I read once that good writing (I’m going to narrow this down to fiction writing) is when the writing doesn’t seem like writing, rather, its as if we walked into the middle of a private conversation. For me, that’s how Bukowski writes (most of the time.)

“I was drawn to all the wrong things: I liked to drink, I was lazy, I didn’t have a god, politics, ideas, ideals. I was settled into nothingness; a kind of non-being, and I accepted it. I didn’t make for an interesting person. I didn’t want to be interesting it was too hard. What I really wanted was only a soft, hazy space to live in, and to be left alone. On the other hand, when I got drunk I screamed, went crazy, got all out of hand. One kind of behavior didn’t fit the other. I didn’t care.”- Charles Bukowski, Women