“Time is but the stream I go fishing in. I drink at it, but while I drink I see the sandy bottom and detect how shallow it is. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains. I would drink deeper; fish in the sky, whose bottom is pebbly with stars.” Henry David Thoreau
“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” Henry David Thoreau
Relax and Breathe
If you want to enjoy your life today …
1. Make peace with the past and decide to let it go.
2. Choose to be present and to focus on this moment.
3. Smile and laugh often; enjoy the little things.
4. Be positive and grateful; remember ALL life’s blessings.
5. Don’t allow other people to affect your happiness.
6. Don’t listen to, or ruminate on, empty lies and gossip.
7. Be patient in your struggles - and know that trials end.
Poem to Be Read at 3 A.M. - Donald Justice
Excepting the diner
On the outskirts
The town of Ladora
At 3 A.M.
Was dark but
For my headlights
And up in
One second-story room
A single light
Was sick or
As I drove past
Is for whoever
Had the light on