Welcome

Welcome
John William Tuohy lives in Washington DC

“There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.” ― Jack Kerouac, On the Road


 When my boy was a child, the teachers at his school decided....without any medical or therapy training.....that he had a learning problem. I knew he didn't. They fought me and were determined to place him in a "special school" ....no way in Holy Hell was going to allow that to happen because I knew they were wrong.......to teach him things we would go for long rides across the state and I would point out different trees and plants and explain why they were what they were. We went to historical locations and learned about that, we went Black neighborhoods and Latin neighborhoods and saw those cultures, we are in every ethnic restaurant we could find and asked the waiter about their native country....he learned and I learned.....on the long ride back home I played books on tape (This was in the 1980s) and we played  On The Road and he was amazed that the beat of the book kept time with beat, the movement from our wheels.....it was a life-changing moment for him.....we took him out of that school and got him away from those dangerous teachers. He now has a BA in writing and produces short stories.