Welcome

Welcome
John William Tuohy lives in Washington DC

O Soave Fanciulla from "La Boheme" by Giacomo Puccini



Rodolfo and Mimì have met for the first time a few minutes ago. He told her about his life ("Che gelida manina"), and asked her to tell him about hers ("Sì, mi chiamano Mimì"). In this duet, "O soave fanciulla", they realize that they have fallen in love.
Rodolfo's friends call him to join them but he would rather stay with Mimì, but she shyly suggests they all go out together. Rodolfo remarks how cold it is outside, but Mimì promises to stay near to him. She leaves the possibility of a later return to the garret open. They leave the stage.

Rodolfo:

Lovely maid in the moonlight,
Your face entrancing like radiant seraph from on high appears
As thus I watch you,
The dream that I would ever dream returns.



Both
M: Love alone o'er hearts has sway ...
R: Heart to heart, and sould to soul
love binds us in his fetters.



Mimì: Ah love, to thee do we surrender



Both
R: Love now shall
rule our hearts alone
shall rule our hearts alone
M:
Sweet to my soul
the magic voice of love its music chanteth



Together
Life's fairest flower is love ...





Mimì: No, I pray you!
Rodolfo: My sweethart!



Mimì: Your comrades await you.
Rodolfo: Do you then dismiss me?



Mimì: I should like no, I dare not ...
Rodolfo: Say!



Mimì:
Could I not come with you?



Rodolfo: What? Mimì!



It would be much more pleasant here to stay,
Outside it's chilly.



Mimì:
I'll be always near you!



Rodolfo: On returning?
Mimì: Who knows, sir?



Rodolfo:
Take my arm, my little maiden
Mimì:
Very well, I obey.




Rodolfo: You love me? Say ...
Mimì: I love thee.



Both My love!