Welcome

Welcome
John William Tuohy lives in Washington DC

The benefits of being old and getting older

 

 

Here are the benefits of being old and getting older and having more money than I need. Although, I think having more money that one needs isn’t part and parcel to leading a completely happing life. It’s icing on the cake. But if you are young, plan now for the years ahead. Don’t spend a lot of time on it, but keep it in mind.  

I live simply.

I paint. I have no talent for that art, so I paint because I enjoy it. Painting is much more of a learning experience than I ever thought it would be.

After three heart attacks, I now listen to my body. I take care of myself. I don’t go overboard on that, and I still eat mountains, mountains I tell you, of junk food. I’m going out with a Twinkie in one hand and a Mars bar in the other. You go out your way, I’ll go out my way. I don’t drink, gamble, smoke, watch sports, take drugs or run around with women. So I’m having another piece of Goddam cake.

I wake up slowly. I’m convinced that people who leap out of bed to greet the day are the cause of most of the misery on this earth.

I don’t rush. It’s not good for you.