Welcome

Welcome
John William Tuohy lives in Washington DC

Recipes



Its difficult to get a decent picture of sauce. My friend Biaggia shared her Bolognese recipe with me, and she’s right, its easy to make.
Sauté ground beef, chopped onion, celery heart and garlic.
Add a can or two of crushed tomatoes.
Add a small can of tomato paste and two cans of sliced carrots. (They break up so that you get mostly the flavor and you don't see much of the vegetable itself.)
Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning.
1 cup of port wine.
Cook slowly for over an hour.
Slice open a spaghetti squash, remove seeds, brush with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake about thirty minutes at 350 degrees. Separate strands but keep the squash in the shells.
Cover with Bolognese, mozzarella and a little pecorino Romano. Bake again till cheese melts

I made the sauce to go along with it.
Two 12 ounce cans of crushed tomatoes
6 ounce can of tomato paste
Half a cup of red wine
(Small) Packet of sugar
Two tablespoons of olive oil
Using a blender, combine one celery stalk and one large carrot, crush and add to the sauce
5 mid-sized broth bones
Salt.
A handful of parmesan cheese
Pinch garlic powder
Pinch onion powder
Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for two hours.

To make the meatball, I used a recipe in the New York Times by actor Stanley Tucci, even though I have never known one, single, solitary Italian guy named Stanley. It’s a good recipe because it simple. (By the way, if you have not seen the film “The Big Night” you really, really need to watch it)
I pound of ground chuck (I added a half pound of pork because pork makes everything taste better)
2 gloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of parsley (He uses fresh I used flakes)
I large egg
Salt and pepper
Refrigerate for several hours
(He used bread stuffing, I don’t.)
5 tablespoons of Pecorino Romano (I use parmesan cheese)




No comments: