Welcome

Welcome
John William Tuohy lives in Washington DC

When I wasin New York this summer I stopped by the Bow Bridge and took a few pictures

I live in New York, and I was thinking about the lagoon in Central Park, down near Central Park South. I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go?  I was wondering where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over. I wondered if some guy came in a truck and took them away to a zoo or something. Or if they just flew away. The Catcher in the Rye
 



In the southeast corner of Central Park, in New York, is the Bow Bridge, which has been immortalized in J. D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye. This is where Holden Caulfield stared at ducks in a pond and wondered where they would go in the winter when the pond froze. The Bridge rides over the lagoon, just off of Fifth Avenue and Central Park South. This is where Holden Caulfield wondered, so memorably, about ducks.


No comments: