Welcome

Welcome
John William Tuohy lives in Washington DC

Writing

“The ending has to fit. The ending has to matter, and make
  sense. 

I could care less about whether it’s happy or sad or atomic. 

The ending is the place where you go, ‘Aha. Of course. That’s right.’”


                                                                   Carrie Jones





The Forsaken Wife

Elizabeth Thomas 

Methinks, ’tis strange you can’t afford
 One pitying look, one parting word;
 Humanity claims this as due,
 But what’s humanity to you?

 Cruel man! I am not blind,
 Your infidelity I find;
 Your want of love my ruin shows,
 My broken heart, your broken vows.
 Yet maugre all your rigid hate,
 I will be true in spite of fate;
 And one preeminence I’ll claim,
 To be for ever still the same.

 Show me a man that dare be true,
 That dares to suffer what I do;
 That can for ever sigh unheard,
 And ever love without regard:
 I then will own your prior claim
 To love, to honour, and to fame;
 But till that time, my dear, adieu,
 I yet superior am to you.




No comments: